This is it, the final part of painting and weathering my own Space Marine Chapter Rhino. In the last post I completed the bottom section of the Rhino, now it was time to tackle the top section.
I liberally applied the weathering pigment to all the recessed areas where dust and dirt would accumulate. (apologies for the poor close up pictures).
As you can see I found it quite difficult to be neat about applying this stuff. I knew from the lower section that a lot of the pigment was going to be wiped off later so it was not such a big deal.
Now it was time to take my hard stippling brush and remove as much of the pigment as possible. I also used a cloth to wipe away whatever the brush could not get to. I did not use the alcohol to set the pigment as I did not want a repeat of the white frosting situation I encountered on the lower section.
Here are some pictures of the completed model. All in all it came out pretty well. I really like the dusty look of the pigments on the model. One thing to note is that light pigments applied on a light colour that is shaded with a darker colour do not work well (gibberish!!!!!) What I mean is that I found the pigment negated the brown wash I applied to the recesses of my yellow areas on the model.
Hope you like the way it came out and I recommend everyone have a go at this.