Friday 21 September 2012

40k Dark Angels Chaplain Conversion Finished

 

This is the fantastic piece of artwork by Andrea Uderzo that inspired me to try my hand at such a difficult conversion. As you can see the finished model is next to it. Its not exact but as the conversion progressed I had to adjust for my lack of skills and I tried to include the main elements at least, the full robes, the pointing arm and the Crozius, the belt detail, scroll, cross and dagger, the burner and scrolls on the chest, the skull face and hood and the Iron Halo. In the Icon I used the three angels as the central theme and the basic 'house' shape. I didn't add any candles and wings as the Icon is already quite large and I thought it was going to be way to big with those extra bits.


 

The picture below has more detail of the rear of the Icon.



I am very happy with the way this turned out, I know it may not look clean and polished but it is magnified a few hundred times so in reality it looks much better.

The only things I might change are the shoulder pads, I didn't have any Dark angels ones at the time I finished the model.

Let me know what you guys think.


Vitor


1 comment: