Thursday 23 October 2014

Zvezda 1/72 scale WW2 German 88mm FLAK 36/37 - WIP

 

Progress has been slow on the hobby front these last few weeks but I am making progress on my latest addition to the Germans. An iconic piece of weaponry the Legendary 88mm Flak 36/37 which was turned into a most effective tank killer as well as its designed anti-air role.

As of late I am priming with a grey primer as that is all I have on hand.

The model itself is very detailed and comes with its firing base or platform and some crew unlike the previous box set of Pak 36, Pak 40 and 20mm Flakvierling which does not have enough figures to crew all the weapons. it is however a cheap purchase and well worth the money.



After priming I painted a layer of Middlestone.


Then gave the model a heavy coat of 50/50 black /brown wash.

I then dry-brushed the model with Middlestone again. I have also painted the crew in their base colours. I am using a slightly different commander than the box set comes with.


This is a close up shot of the Pea Dot camouflage of the commander.


After application of the wash it should be pretty good.

The base brown camouflage was a 50/50 mix of Middlestone and Chocolate Brown and a 70/30 Chocolate Brown and Middlestone mix for the center part of the camouflage. The green was a 50/50 mix of Reflective Green and Middlestone as a base then a 70/30 mix of Reflective Green and Middlestone for the center of the camouflage.


Below are some pictures of the real thing. I am using them as reference for the camouflage pattern.




Stay tuned to see how this turns out.

Vitor

No comments:

Post a Comment