Sunday 7 May 2017

Terrain - Wooden Hut - WIP


I wanted to make a wooden hut, originally for my Conan Boardgame, as part of a 3D board project but it can be used for pretty much most gaming genres. The main idea is for the roof to be removable so one can play inside the hut.

I started out with a good base of MDF, cut out strips the boards from coffee stirrers and the supporting posts from BBQ sticks. Glued them in a shape similar the one on the Conan Pict Village Board.

 


I then used greenstuff to fill in the gaps to represent mud or mortar. Then I used quick dry filler to base the piece both inside and out and once dry covered the exterior with sand.



The next step was to work on the roof, I cut out BBQ sticks to represent the roof supports and glued on cross pieces for strength and held all in place with some greenstuff.

I used a piece of an old washcloth for the animal fur door closure, I will also use this for the roof covering.



The roof is not glued to the walls but sits on top snugly. Once the roof structure was dry I dipped my my wash cloth pieces in PVA glue and then layered then on to look like overlapping furs.



Next up, painting it.


Vitor

3 comments:

  1. Wow, very nicely done, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great terrain piece. In my humble opinion, this only goes to show that this hobby is always more art than gaming.

    ReplyDelete