Monday, 22 October 2012

Minotaurs - Rhino - Badab War - Part 2



So this is as far as I got.


All the bronze and metal areas are completed using my standard Minotaurs painting method, namely Tin Bitz base coat followed by a drybrush of Brazen Brass, wash of Thraka Green, another drybrush of Brazen Brass followed by a wash of my custom verdigris mix then a final drybrush of Brazen Brass.

Guess what? I telling fibs!!! This was originally painted up in my Aurelius Legion scheme and as I was painting it I experienced major problems with paint streaks which when viewed at certain angles looked awful in addition the wash would pool in these areas and make it even worse. Now the obvious solution is to use an airbrush and some other ideas I came across, thinned paints etc but I had an idea to use my old trusty sponge, the one I use for adding battle damage to my models. I thought the dabbing effect would eliminate all those streaks and as you can see in the pictures above IT WORKED!

So the process I used to paint the Rhino is exactly the one I described above but not drybrushing anything instead dabbing with my sponge.


Here are pictures of the initial steps.







I am very happy that this technique worked so well, stay tuned for the next post.


let me know if you have tried this method and your results.

Vitor


1 comment:

  1. Looking good! The sponge method really worked well!

    ReplyDelete