Monday 25 November 2013

Base using Tree Bark - No Painting Required - Hobby 101


I have been exploring this theme of basing with materials that look good without any painting done to them, namely the pepper and herbs. I was looking for something to base my Luna Wolves model on.


My thoughts turned to the possibilities of bark on its own, so I rummaged around a few trees in my area and came across a lovely textured bark that was reasonably flat and seemed perfect for my purposes.


The bark even has two different textures, one on the outside and one on the inside for more options.


I chose the option shown by the green arrow.

All I did was cut out a circular shape to fit my base and glue it in place. No painting!!


You cant get much simpler than that.

Vitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment