Tuesday 22 July 2014

Zvezda 1/72 scale WW2 German BMW with side car

 

I have been using all my hobby time this last week or so to build most of my 1/72 scale WW2 models. I was intending to go with my 88mm Flak 36/37 but the BMW motorcycle with sidecar looked like the most fun to paint first so that is what I am doing.



The kit from Zvezda is very detailed, cheap and only slightly fiddly to put together.

The look I want to achieve is similar to this photo reference.


I primed in grey and used the Plastic Soldier Company Tank War spray Mid-Late War German Dunkelgelb as the base coat.


The spray was OK, first time I am using it, mainly because it is much easier to paint large models especially with flat surfaces and get a good finish.

Next I washed the model heavily with a dark brown wash.


Stay tuned to see how it turns out.

Vitor


No comments:

Post a Comment