Sunday 19 March 2017

Iron Warriors - Horus Heresy - Betrayal at Calth - WIP2

 

So progress is slow but purposeful.

I have so far applied a base coat with Leadbelcher, then applied a black/brown wash to darken the metallic look. For me the Iron Warriors care about their armour but not to the extent of say The Emperors Children who are all about display, in my opinion the Iron Warriors armour should represent strength so the dull iron look is what I am going for.


Next step will be to drybbrush with Leadbelcher again. The shoulder pads will be Black with Bronze trim.

Vitor

8 comments:

  1. Looking good, man - that's a great tone you've got with the metal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great so far. I'm tempted to start a 30k force and IW look like they'd be quick? Watching with interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that is my motto,= for painting, easy, quick but still looking good.

      Delete
  3. yup, loving the simple look on those, that wash has given them depth and made them look like mean mofo's. Well played sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the way I imagine the Iron Warriors, mean iron clad mofo's.

      Delete
  4. Even at this WIP stage the metals really 'pop'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the plan, glad it's turning out well so far. Thanks for the comments.

      Delete