Saturday 26 March 2016

Armourfast M36 Jackson 1/72 scale - WIP

 

Armourfast make really easy kits to put together and this was not exception, it took about 10 minutes to build. The only gripe I have is that the kits do not have any tank crew or extras so you have to have a bits box to add those little additional bits that make all the difference.

The M36 tank destroyer, formally 90 mm Gun Motor Carriage, M36, was an American tank destroyer used during World War II. The M36 was essentially an up-gunned M10 tank destroyer, replacing the former's 3 inch (76.2mm) M7 gun with a powerful 90 mm gun.
The M36 first served in combat in Europe in September 1944, where it proved to be a match for any of the tanks being fielded by the Germans.


The 17 pounder, Self-Propelled, Achilles was a British variant of the American M10 tank destroyer armed with the powerful British Ordnance QF 17 pounder anti-tank gun in place of the standard 3" (76.2 mm) Gun M7. With a total of 1,100 M10s converted, the 17 pdr SP Achilles was the second most numerous armoured fighting vehicle to see service armed with the 17 pounder gun, behind the Sherman Firefly.


I plan to use this for my US and British armies as they look very similar with the exception of the gun barrel and turret but that is not an issue for me, for those of you who are true representational on the gaming board my apologies.

I managed to have a few bits in my box, some 15mm stuff as well, but no extra commanders so that will have to wait till later. 


 

 I primed the models in grey followed by a spray of Army Painter 'British Tank'.





Next was a heavy wash of 60/40 brown /black wash.


I followed up with a dry brush with Russian Uniform, no pictures yet.

I need to finish off the details and take some nice pictures to show you guys.

Vitor

No comments:

Post a Comment