Sunday 27 August 2017

Dark Imperium - Rust Effects using Model Mates


Continuing working on getting my skills back up to par and trying some new products out. I purchased these Rust Effects by Model Mates at Salute and am now trying it out on the Dark Imperium Death Guard as they are perfect candidates.

I started off by base coating the swords with Leadbelcher and used a red ink in the recesses.


Next was to apply the rust effect like you would paint, the trick with this rust effect is that you can build up the rust with several layers and each layer will give you a slightly different effect.


Once I was happy with the amount of rust I drybrushed more Leadbelcher over the sword and that is it, all done. So easy!



I also used it on the metal symbols hanging from the backpack.

If you are looking for an easy authentic looking rust effect then use this.

Vitor





2 comments:

  1. Nice! That turned out looking fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's so easy and as you say it looks fantastic.

      Delete