Saturday 19 December 2020

Stone Circle, Stonehenge, Summoning Circle WIP

 


I have been wanting to tackle some old classic Warhammer Terrain and decided to start with the Stonehenge or Summoning Circle (that is what I am calling it anyhow) from this book Wargames Terrain.

This is the inspirational piece I am starting with.

I feel that the modern terrain making process has come so far (not a bad thing at all) that it has become almost out of reach skill wise for the average person to make, never mind a bit expensive. I wanted to create a good looking piece of terrain that was easy to make, durable and inexpensive, so I looked back in time to this amazing tome from Warhammer (GW).

I used cardboard in two layers for the base, cut to size with a scissors. I then went outside and found some suitable stones that looked the part and for the middle piece I used a piece of wood (you can also follow the book and use foam). I used fast drying joint filler (spackle) instead of the clay in the books description.
 


 

I will then paint, cover with sand and static grass, bushes and flock. Stay tuned to see how that goes.

Vitor

 

2 comments: