Monday 24 February 2014

Luna Wolf Shoulder Pad - Greenstuff Sculpt - Hobby

 

This is the last of the hobby posts related to my Pre-Heresy Luna Wolf model. I wanted to push my greenstuff sculpting abilities and had a go at sculpting the shoulder pad icon from scratch.


Above is what the actual icon is.

I started by adding some greenstuff to the shoulder pad and working it into the crescent moon shape. Then let it dry completely.


Next I cut out the bottom where the wolf part of the icon overlaps the moon.


Then I added new greenstuff and carefully worked it into the wolf head shape, then added definition as I went along for the eyes and ears. I tried my best to keep the head small but that is the best I could manage.


It looks pretty rough but once painted up I think it came out pretty well. Of course I made a greenstuff press-mould of the pad so I could replicate is easily for any future models.

Never by scared of trying your hand at greenstuff, if it goes wrong just cut it off and start again.

Vitor

No comments:

Post a Comment