Friday 15 April 2022

German WW2 - Schwere Wehrmachtschlepper (sWs) Half-track or Sd.Kfz. 9 FAMO - 3D Printed

 



This is the last of my prints from last year, as the weather warms up in the UK I hope to get back on track with my 3D printing.

This print was the start of the run that nearly made me give up 3D printing (this was before I realized the cooler temperature was the probable cause of the failures I was having). The one side is lop-sided, and the one wheel is heavily lined as it failed to print properly, but I kept the print an any case as I reasoned once painted and on the battlefield it would not be too bad.

As always, the painting method:

I started with a black primer. Then a base colour of Middlestone for the vehicle. I then heavily washed the entire model with a 60/40 Brown black wash.

Next a drybrush of Middlestone for the vehicle.

The brown camouflage was a 50/50 mix of Middlestone and Chocolate Brown and a 70/30 Chocolate Brown and Middlestone mix for the centre part of the camouflage. The green was a 50/50 mix of Reflective Green and Middlestone as a base then a 70/30 mix of Reflective Green and Middlestone for the centre of the camouflage.

Last a drybrush of Middlestone, followed by another drybrush of Bone or Ivory.






 



Vitor

1 comment:

  1. Nice little model ... it's amazing to me what 3D printers can do nowadays.

    ReplyDelete