Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hobby 101 - 40k Urban Bases Painted Up


Here is the finished base.


To paint it up I started with a Black primer followed by grey base coat, see pictures below.


Next I painted the base coat of the bricks with Graveyard Earth mix as I didn't want the entire base in grey. I also painted the metal bits with Boltgun Metal, when it dried I gave it a wash of Nuln Oil.
 

Next I drybrushed Graveyard Earth over the bricks again and gave it a Dark Brown Wash. The metal bits I washed with a mix of Ogryn Flesh and Vermin Brown.


I then drybrushed everything again with the original base colours to bring out the detail.


Now I washed the sand areas with Nuln Oil followed by a Dark Brown wash, once dry a drybrush of the Grey Base colour.


It was almost done, the only thing I wanted to add was more rust effect on the metal so I carefully stippled some more Vermin Brown on and that's it, all done.


Overall it was quick and easy and the end result turned out pretty neat.


Happy basing.


Vitor


No comments:

Post a Comment