Saturday 8 June 2013

Terrain - Flames of War - Bocage - using Foam and Herbs WIP

I had some old foam sitting on my hobby desk for some time now that I was going to use to pack miniatures in and the other day I was looking at it and the idea occurred to me to use it to make Bocage.

I did a bit of research into what Bocage is and found that it is generally made up from an earth bank, possibly stones, thick bushes or hedgerows and trees. The height of the Bocage can can vary because of the age of the hedgerow, the height of the trees and the possible ditch on the sides.


I had seen a tutorial before and made my base assembly in a similar way. I started with a hard board base cut to size, followed by sand glued on with PVA.



I then used hot glue to attach some small pebbles / stones to the center of the base, leaving some gaps to accommodate the toothpicks that would form the  frame for the foam Bocage to adhere to.



I cut the toothpicks down to size and tor off some pieces of the foam, trying to get some irregular shapes.


 I then attached the foam pieces to the toothpick frame with PVA glue but Superglue is better.


Next up painting it up and applying the herbs.

Vitor

No comments:

Post a Comment