Sunday, 20 December 2015

Betrayal at Calth - Cataphractii Backpack Conversion - Greenstuff Mold - Painted

All I wanted to see with this experiment was could it be done and what did it look like. I didn't want to spend hours to find out it looks terrible and have to clean the entire mini to salvage it. Total time spent was about 15 min excluding paint and greenstuff drying time.

I glued the cut out backpack piece to the terminator back and filled in any gaps with more greenstuff.

Once dry I gave the back a quick prime with black and followed that with a layer of Leadbelcher.

Next a wash with black and a quick red and blue layer of paint with a edge highlight and all done.

The experiment was successful, the one mould is better than the other due to higher detail captured but once painted not too bad.

The next step in this process is to add my Puppets War shoulder pads.

Finally the leg additions similar to what Ron did at From the Warp.


1 comment: