Sunday 17 March 2019

Rangers of Shadow Deep

 



I have been really pressed for time and my hobby has taken a back seat, in fact so far back that I barely have any time at all for hobby.


That said I was on the look out for potential games I could play that would require very little to start, I have the Conan board game but you need more than one player to play. I stumbled upon this game last week which requires only one person to play and it looks really interesting.


I purchased a digital copy and gave the fairly hefty tome a brief read through. I was glad the rules are fairly straight forward and the ‘bad guy’ works off an AI mechanic. I then looked through the Internet for all the reviews and articles to gather a bit more background as well as viewed some good walk-throughs by Guerrilla Miniature Games on YouTube.

The appeal is the solo mechanic and the absence of any requirement for miniatures and terrain, you can use whatever you have to hand or if you want a better experience you can use great painted miniatures and terrain.

In essence you are a Ranger going on several missions to save the land of Alladore, you can recruit companions to aid your quest and as you progress there is a levelling and experience system which allows you to improve skills etc.

While I mull over my Rangers stats and companion choices I am building a bit of terrain. The first scenario is in a deserted village and so I building some houses for the village, well one to start with as a proof of concept if you like, before making the other five.


So stay tuned to see how I get along.

Vitor





No comments:

Post a Comment